My training is in integrative therapy, which regards human experience as a holistic encounter between mind, body and spirit. This type of therapy employs techniques which focus on the unique world of each person – past, present and future.
In discovering the healing possibilities of psychotherapy and its impact on my own life, my work is to help others understand themselves better and become who they’re clearly meant to be. I believe that life is a process of personal growth in which we become more conscious and realise our unique potential.
I studied music and education and taught in secondary school for 12 years. Moving into the corporate world, I worked in marketing and sales in the online technology industry. Having decided to pursue my lifelong curiosity in psychology, I took a Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy and completed a Masters degree.
I am an accredited member of the UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists) and a member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and I abide by their code of conduct.
I have the following qualifications:
- BMus (Goldsmiths’ College, London University)
- PGCE, Certificate in Education (Kingston Polytechnic)
- Diploma in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy (Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education)
- MA in Transpersonal Counselling & Psychotherapy (De Montfort University)
- EMDR Certificate – Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing for the treatment of trauma (Sandi Richman training)
- CBT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CCPE, Lynn Somerfield training)
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision (CCPE)
- Diploma in Couples Counselling (CCPE)
- NLP Business Coaching (Sue Knight training)
“Honour the past, Live in the present. Create your future.”